Many businesses try to explore different marketing efforts in an attempt to reach the right audience, including pay-per-click (PPC) marketing. You choose a few keywords, pay a fee, and get people to click on your ads – easy enough, right? Wrong. It may sound simplistic, but it is far from being so. Without proper PPC management, you are sure to find yourself with less-than-satisfying marketing results. Not only is this not effective but it can be very costly, too.
So, what is pay-per-click management? How can it benefit your company?
Pay Per Click Marketing: An Overview
As its name suggests, pay-per-click marketing involves placing an ad and, each time it is clicked, you pay. Consider it a method of paying visitors to check out your website rather than using more organic methods of getting them there.
PPC ads can be placed in many different places on the internet, but one of the most common is on search engines. Those who are looking to advertise will place bids on certain keywords that are most relevant to their business. When someone searches using a keyword you have bid on, the ad may appear in the sponsored links area. In other words, instead of improving the SEO of your website to try to reach the top spots in search results – PPC marketing allows you to pay for that spot.
What is Pay Per Click Management?
The idea behind marketing is to obtain customers. You want to drive traffic to your website, but you need to make sure that it is the right traffic. Otherwise, you are spending money but not making any.
Believe it or not, there is a lot of research, tweaking, monitoring, testing, and more that has to take place to ensure you are using the most effective keywords – with the right bidding price. This takes skill – and it is a skill that PPC managers possess. They will oversee your marketing campaigns, adjusting things along the way. After all, this type of marketing is not a set-it-and-forget-it type of deal. Someone always needs to be actively monitoring your campaigns since an effective campaign today may not be as effective tomorrow.
What Pay Per Click Management Does
As mentioned, there is a lot more involved in creating a healthy PPC campaign – so much more than just selecting a few keywords. And, while it is too extensive to address every detail of what PPC management does, we can give you an idea of their services to show how vital it is to your marketing efforts.
A PPC manager will:
- Analyze Keywords. Finding the right keywords is perhaps the most important part of the campaign. Remember, you don’t just want leads to your site – you want paying customers. The right keyword can make that happen.
- Determine the Best Channel. There are many different places to use PPC marketing, such as various search engines and social media sites, among others. It is up to the manager to find where your target audience spends their time.
- Analyze Competitors. Your manager will check out the competition, including the strategies they are using and how effective they are. This will help determine the strategy for your campaign.
- Practice A/B Testing. This will help determine the most effective ads so that you have the greatest opportunity for a positive outcome.
- Monitor Your Campaigns. Finally, a PPC manager will constantly monitor your keywords, queries, common searches, etc. to make sure everything is as effective as possible.
By having someone dedicated to your marketing efforts, you can think of PPC management as an opportunity to gain the greatest return on your investment.
Who Needs Pay Per Click Management?
If you are spending money on your PPC campaigns already, you may question whether the additional expense of hiring a management team is necessary. However, with the ability to get you greater traffic in a more cost-effective manner while removing any inefficiencies along the way, you may find the extra expense pays for itself over and over.
Consider hiring a PPC manager if you are:
- A company without an in-house marketing team.
- New to online marketing.
- Without the necessary services and systems to optimize your PPC campaigns.
- Just looking to boost your efforts.
Pay Per Click Management at BlastOff PPC
If you are ready to have your PPC marketing efforts soar to the top, you need BlastOff PPC on your side. Our pay-per-click management team is highly skilled, passionate, and results-driven. Contact us today at (972) 246-8928 to learn more.